Saturday, December 26, 2009

Inspiring Quotes


Posted by Shyam Moondra


"I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present." - Rabindranath Tagore


"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein


“The only real failure is the failure to try, and the measure of success is how we cope with disappointment.” - Deborah Moggach, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"


“I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. I can’t accept not trying.” - Michael Jordan

“It’s not the will to win that matters. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” – Paul “Bear” Bryant

"I am responsible for who I am, not for what others think of me" - "The Big Country"


"Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life." - Immanuel Kant


 “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.” -Robert Frost


"Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses." - Confucius


"Humans have immense capacity to suffer and yet prevail and thrive." - Rabindranath Tagore


"When we are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger." - Epictetus


"Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but it also becomes richer and happier." - Albert Schweitzer


"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." - Confucius


“Everything will be all right in the end. If it’s not all right, it is not yet the end” - Deborah Moggach, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"


"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." - Winston Churchill


"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain


"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy


"Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it." - Rabindranath Tagore


"Imagination is just as important as knowledge." - Albert Einstein


"Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs." - Henry Ford


"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln


"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning." - Pele


"I know that I'm never as good or bad as any single performance." - Charles Barkley


"The mind is everything; what you think, you become." - Gautama Buddha


"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe." - Abraham Lincoln


“Change is like a wave in ocean. Resist, and you'll be knocked over. Dive into it, and you'll swim out the other side. Change should not be feared, but embraced.” - Deborah Moggach, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"